This week the show gets a boost from Sunday afternoon host Dan Digs who rides shotgun for the full hour providing picks, insight and enthusiasm for an array of new music. Fellow WNXP DJ’s Ayisha Jaffer, Celia and Marquis Munson also weigh in on their new favorites and there’s love all over the musical map from “Alaska” to Kansas City, “Galveston” to Donelson.
We start by showing appreciation to IDLES whose incredible session in the Sonic Cathedral helped us celebrate Public Radio Music Day and end with a song befitting of the co-host theme, a collaboration featuring former Nashville Artist of the Month Briston Maroney helping his friend Adam Melchor rediscover the sweet sounds of 80’ sitcom theme songs (in the best possible way).
- IDLES “When The Lights Come On”
- Nilufer Yanya “Stabilise”
- Beach House “Once Twice Melody”
- Silk Sonic “Fly As Me”
- Pinegrove “Alaska”
- Indigo De Souza “Ivy”
- Hembree “It’s a Dream”
- NNAMDI “Backseat”
- Pom Pom Squad “Until It Stops”
- Why Bonnie “Galveston”
- Josh Gilligan with the Donelson Broncos “Control (Donny)”
- Courtney Barnett “Here’s The Thing”
- Adam Melchor & Briston Maroney “Hold On For Dear Life”